Serenidad y Tranquilidad
More swans!But the day was warm, lazy. The sun was shining upon the water turning it to molten silver and I sat on the river bank beneath the willows and watched it shimmer and sparkle and drift on by.
I could have turned back the years before industry settled on the river and cars rushed over the bridge in an endless, impatient stream of their own, to a slower time, when horses pulled the barges, and a boy would be sitting on the bank with a pole and a piece of string, or a baited length of twine wrapped around his finger. Lying on his back, chewing on a grass stalk, the sun on his face, boyhood dreams in his heart, not caring if the fish took his line or if he stayed there till the sun dipped and the shadows told him it was time to go home for his tea.
It was that sort of day, slow, tranquil and serene. So, when they drifted into view I captured the moment.







14 Comments:
wow~ there's alot of birds in england! :P
You write as if descriptive words are floating in the air around you and all you have to do is reach out and pluck the perfect ones to express your thoughts. I love the imagery of your posts.
Lol I thought of you and almost wrote "More swans, neko, I know, thanks for taking the time to notice *hug* haha
Thank you Velvet and Janet, I like reading your posts too.
:) hullo! stumbled upon ur blog while blog-hopping. stopped by to say .......love the words, love the pics! :)
Hello Moi and thank you :-) Nice of you to stop by. :)
Another gorgeous, dreamy post, Sandy. I could feel myself, there with the boy, lazing the day away.
Love the shimmery, silvery photograph of the passing swans, too. I'm crazy for swans, and have a little collection of them, but rarely get to see the real thing! My camera would dance for joy!
It was a dreamy, lazy sort of day W.J. so relaxing in on eof my favourite places.
You have a swan collection? On art166~ How come I missed it?
Nice!
I sometimes wish I could turn back time for those days, too!
Welcome back tc, its when you find those quiet places that you think it should always be like that, doesn't it? Glad there are still some left. :)
Reading this, I could feel myself relaxing...I'm all tense and uptight right now about having some chores to do.
Exactly what W J St. Christopher said.
Sandy said:
"You have a swan collection? On art166~ How come I missed it?"
W. J. says:
Not at Art166, Sandy! In my house! Ceramic, crystal, brass, etc.
If I could find a great place to photograph swans, locally, they'd definitely be on Art166!
Glad to see you back again GG, missed your stories, don't work too hard. :)
You could always photograph your collection, W.J., might get some interesting results.
Sandy, I never thought of that! Thanks for the brilliant idea! Of course, it goes on my "Endless Things-To-Do" list, which means it will take a while . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home