A Special Moment

There are times when you look through an old photograph album, or guess it's a file on your pc more often or not now, and you find a photo that makes you stop and look a little longer, or it gets you staring into some distant space with a smile on your face or find that there's a prickling behind your eyes and the image blurs as the memory comes flooding back.
Sometimes it is just a sign bearing the legend "Mind your Head" and knowing you didn't that makes you laugh, or smile at the scene of a small bird sitting on a rustic bird table. Your eyes go beyond the image of the lens and you see the glow of pride in a small boy's eyes that is a reflection of your own and it becomes a special moment, a moment of the heart. This is one of those special moments.
I took this photo on one of my walks shortly after returning home from my trip to Scotland. I love walking and I love horses (the countryside around me is fast becoming a horse-breeder's paradise). When I saw this one silhouetted against the sky I thought of all that is the spirit of the horse, the wild open praries; of a stallion racing the wind, a romantic notion today, maybe. But the photograph also holds memories, encapsulates, all that is dear to me.
Some of you may know that I have an eyesight problem, so it was only when I went to reduce the photo and saw the horse enlarged that I realised it was indeed a stallion and that I caught him having special moment of his own. Well, there's nothing wrong with that, in fact it made me laugh, of all the horses, of all the moments ~ I had to capture this one. But it didn't look right, well, you know what I mean. So I shared a smile with a photoblog friend and he fixed the problem for me by performing a rather skillful, (and completely painless, I assure you) amputation. :-)
There it is then, a behind-the-scenes look at a rather special, special moment.
Sorry this had a slight mishap and I had to re-post, so thanks again for all the comments from all the usual suspects and thanks again to visiting surgeon Martin at serendipity-luminescent for his editing skills. :-)







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home