Thursday, July 13, 2006

A few photos to keep you going...


The steam train that took us over the Viaduct to Mallaig.
You can't help but love these old engines.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I don't check in for a couple of days, and I miss all this!

What a great travelogue you've posted for us to enjoy, Sandy! The concept of the "turning stone" is really magical! I'd probably be camped out there, still, watching and waiting . . .

7/14/2006  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

steam engines always get me nostalgic.........my uncle back in india has stories to tell about how when they were li'l kids growing in a village in Bengal, the sight of steam engines used to fascinate them like never before and they would walk miles from home to get a glimpse of one :)

7/14/2006  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i just finished linking my photoblog to urs.....hope that's fine with u :)

7/14/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you W.J. the stone certainly has an intriguing legend,I wonder if anyone has camped out near it? :) All alone in those dark, dark hills, listening.... oooh goose bumps. :)
I love steam train stories moi if you'd ever like to share. There is something so romantic about steam trains.
And thank you, got you linked too :)
You've had a bit of a spree while I've been away, lot to catch up on.

7/14/2006  
Blogger dreaming-neko said...

did you take a train ride?

7/14/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, neko took the ride, it was one of the highlights of the trip. A wonderful day.

7/15/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time will tell Janet ;-)

7/16/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com