Wednesday, July 12, 2006

On the way to Ben Nevis


We came upon the Wishing Stone, or Samuel's Stone. At certain times of the year it is supposed to "turn thrice" and if you can witness the moment you can ask it any question. Hmm that was no pebble, I think I could have lain full length if someone was kind enough to give me a "leg up", so I should think most people would be lost for words or afraid of being ground to mush, but I ran my fingers over its ridges and made a wish anyway.


I took its photo and turned to continue walking but couldn't help looking back, a little twinge of disappointment that there was no rumble or crunching of stone.
Not a peep.



But, maybe, when the night comes and all is still
and moonbeams dance in the midnight chill...
a creak,
a groan
once
twice
Thrice...

Who knows! I might tell you if my wish is granted.
:)

7 Comments:

Blogger dreaming-neko said...

so you won't tell us now? :P

7/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's still hope, neko :)

7/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope we will see pictures from the summit of ben Nevis.

Hmmmm?

7/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry tc I didn't make it t the summit. They said it was a six hour walk (up and back) but after three hours there was still a long way to go and the trail got tougher. But I'm hoping there will be a next time. :)

Kith and kin Janet :)

7/14/2006  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

i pray that its granted :)
and so beautifully told.......

7/14/2006  
Blogger Martin said...

I bet you wished for a naked romp with Mel Gibson! Pervert! :-P

- Martin

7/16/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Moi :)

Aw Martin Now it won't come true! :( Lol

7/16/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com