Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The sky tonight;
forget-me-not blue with spider-web light.

Some days when the air is just right, often after a shower, it becomes the time of the herbs and the whole garden is filled with their fragrance. Today was one of those days.The air was cool and damp with a slight breeze that touched lavender and rosemary, tumbled in thyme and sage, lemon balm and carried their essence to me the moment I stepped out of my door. It was heavenly.

There are herbs all over the garden because whenever I prune them I hate to throw the cuttings away, so I stick them in every available free space, but mostly around the patio, by the edges of paths or where you might brush against them as you pass. Planting this way doesn't make for a very tidy garden but it does wonders for your soul.
And, of course, they can do incredible things in the kitchen. :p




A little pressie for Janet :-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what about.... you are my partner in crime :-) Go on girl click the pretty link :p

8/23/2006  
Blogger Dave said...

You get big skies over that side of the country, no hills or mountains in the way. I used to live in Spalding

8/23/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shot!

Does this mean you have your own personal jet...?

8/23/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A beautiful sky is food for the soul. :-)

8/23/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind a few hills getting in the way davem but the skies can be w i d e here. :) Haven't been to Spalding, but heard the flower festival is well worth seeing. :-)
Thanks tc and doesn't everyone? :p
I agree. :)Watching skies is always on my list Martin

8/23/2006  
Blogger Linda@VS said...

Beautiful garden, Sandy, and I can almost smell the fragrance from your description.

8/26/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the smell of herbs Velvet and I love my garden, thank you. Its a bit of a mess at times becuase it is getting too big for me but it holds a part of me as I am sure yours does too. :-)

8/26/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com