Monday, August 28, 2006

Warning!!!!

On my way to the RNIB (Royal National Institue for the Blind) I just couldn't resist this sign.
at first it made me smile as I thought of
Robert Kirkman's mini series. Have you heard of
"The Walking Dead"?

Beware!
They walk among us!

but then, after Velvet's comment, I also thought of a favourite Police track

Secret Journey
From Ghost in the Machine

Upon a secret journey
I met a holy man
His blindness was his wisdom
Im such a lonely man

And as the world was turning
It rolled itself in pain
This does not seem to touch you
He pointed to the rain

You will see light in the darkness
You will make some sense of this
And when youve made your secret journey
You will find the love you miss

And on the days that followed
I listened to his words
I strained to understand him
I chased his thoughts like birds

You will see light in the darkness
You will make some sense of this
And when youve made your secret journey
You will find the love you miss

You will see light in the darkness
You will make some sense of this
You will see joy in this sadness
You will find this love you miss

And when youve made your secret journey
You will be a holy man

12 Comments:

Blogger Linda@VS said...

Nice song choice for the photo, Sandy. I'll have to admit, though, after looking at the image on that sign, I think it should read: "Blind people with osteoporosis."

8/29/2006  
Blogger dreaming-neko said...

interesting...

8/29/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi liked it nice :)
Thanks for sharing

8/29/2006  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

In Jamaica there's a sign outside the Institute for the Blind: "There's none so blind as those who can see."

8/29/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sign says to me - "BEWARE! Old ladies will steal your stuff in this area"

8/29/2006  
Blogger Dave said...

Hi, Can you remember a radio series from a few years ago called, I think, "Blind man on the rampage" that was a good programme and gave people an idea of what its like being visually impaired.

8/29/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Velvet that couple are definately in need of medical attention. ~ those faces!!! You just have to see the funny side or shoot yourself :p
Good word for it neko :-)
Thanks Zingtrial, good to see you posting again. :)
That's a good one GG
He he Martin, you're right they are the worst kind :-)
Sorry davem missed that one but love the title :-)

8/29/2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Sandy! Just thought I'd pop in after my long hiatus. Today's post is very . . . actually, that sign scares me a bit. Love the row of trees and the fab swans, below!

8/30/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi W.J. Good to see you back posting again. Erm, yes, its a little scary :p haha

8/30/2006  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

That sign would've made me smile too. I love the poem. I have this story about a blind man that I met once. This post reminded me of it. I think that I will try to compose a short piece on it. Thanks for the inspiration!

8/30/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Stephen, thank you for stopping by. I'm glad the sign made you smile too. Seems the Police have inspired us all. :) Thanks to Velvet, "from one small acorn, a great wood was born..." :-)

8/30/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my favourite groups.

...the Police, that is.

8/30/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com