Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A grey November day
A walk by the river

Today beneath grey skies and with a hint of rain in the air I went for a walk down by the river with my camera in my pocket and a loaf of bread in a bag.

At first I thought most of the birds were out feeding in the fields as I saw only about a dozen or so, but as I began to throw bits of bread more and more birds appeared. Swans in flight are an amazing sight, sadly, my camera and I are just a little too slow to capture them properly.


Seagulls, Canada geese, ducks and swans all enjoying a loaf of bread.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Hi good to hear from you, Good pictures of your holiday. Good luck with noving house. We were doing the same so I know all about getting rid of stuff its a good thing to do.....honest. Our deal fell through so as the market is down at the moment were not thinking about it until the spring.

12/01/2007  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

a grey yet a beautiful day ...:)

12/05/2007  
Blogger Cherlee's said...

That picture has so much emotion in it. The beauty of a grey day with the white birds are a picture of true beauty. Your pictures make me smile. Thanks for making me smile when my days are grey. ~Hugs~

12/16/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dave good luck with the move, same problems at this end so hopefuly things will improve in the spring.
moi Justa joy being outside whatever the weather, eh? :-)
fThank you cheriee and nice to see you here, always nice to share a smile too. Hugs back!

12/18/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com