Friday, January 25, 2008


The Butterfly

A butterfly lights beside us
like a sunbeam
and for a brief moment

its beauty and glory belongs to our world

but when it flies on again

and although we wish it could have stayed

we are so thankful to have seen it at all.


Author Unknown

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Sandy,

I love watching butterflies, and made it a point to plant lots Hibiscus and Lantana in the yard for them.

Luckily, it's warm enough here to see them nearly year-round!

1/27/2008  
Blogger Dave said...

Are those blubells? Yes it will be nice to have the weather to see butterflies again. Have you moved house yet?

1/27/2008  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

beautiful blues....and pretty words too....reminds me of Rabindranath Tagore's beautiful quote, "The butterfly flitting from flower to flower ever remains mine, I lose, The one that is netted by me".

1/28/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! W.J. to have such a long butterfly season, lucky you. Hibiscus don't grow very well in my garden but I have several buddleia's and stinging nettles. lol

Yes, Dave, bluebells, but last year's photo I'm afraid, but their shoors are showing now. No news on the house front except a move to Wales is out could be Devon now.
Thank you Moi an dlove that Rabindranath quote.

1/28/2008  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Beautiful. This makes me wish for spring. Hello, Sandy.

1/30/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! I'll have to see if I can plant bluebells.

Sandy, are my emails getting through?

1/30/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Stephen and pleased you liked the post. Today spring came early here, well, the sun was shining and the garden was filled with birdsong.... maybe soon the butterflies will be back. :-)

1/30/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plant them among trees Janet - we'll have you walking in an English country garden yet. lol
Mails = working on it. :-)

1/30/2008  
Blogger Cherlee's said...

I love this blog thanks!
~hugs~

3/01/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy, are you getting my emails?

3/25/2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous, shot.

4/24/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com