Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Stuff of Nightmares


I looked them up Janet, OMG! I wish I hadn't. Gross! Gross! I hate spidery things and to think one of these 'things' was on IN my face for over a day.

Thank goodness Michael saw it and pinched it out. It was right under my left eye. I dread to think of how I would have reacted if that had crawled over my eye!!!! Nightmare. So far (fingers crossed) I don't have any of the disease symptoms (apart from headaches, I always have them) and its almost two weeks since Scotland.
Anyway, thanks for the "heads up", just thought I'd share its picture with you :) First time I've come across one of these things and I hope it will be my last.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That'a a tick isn't it?

Waaaaaagh!

*runs off to bathe in Dettol*

7/26/2006  
Blogger Recruiting Officer said...

Eeeeuw! Hope you are okay! Not been about much recently, but I'm enjoying your piccies (apart from this one maybe)! ;-)

7/26/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Himself said it was the big one on the left that got me Janet believe me if I had known I would have been in shock :p
Exactly TC
Thanks RO Think I'm okay :p Hope you are feeling better now.

7/26/2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes! I can't even think about this!

Talk to you later. (Yes, I'm running away . . .)

7/26/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually had a bad night last night just thinking about it W.J. Give me something I can stomp on any day!

7/26/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was ok until I saw its picture *shudder* once you've got the image in your mind, well... they muliply! Apparenly one of the side effects of their bite is mild brain damage. Good news is, Himself said in my case no one would notice. Haha Cheek!

7/27/2006  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Ticks? Big fat ticks? wwaaa the dog next door to us long ago used to have some so huge you could see them a mile off.

7/27/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then I'm so glad it was a Scottish one and not a Guyana one GG :-) I just had no idea they lived in woods and liked people!!! But then I seem to attract all blood-sucking insects. Mosquitoes love me! :(

7/27/2006  
Blogger dreaming-neko said...

aaack! more bug attacks!
beware!

7/31/2006  
Blogger Cookie..... said...

Ahhhrghh...ticks...hate the little buggers. Never had one myself...but have know people who have...and Sandy...next time you need to remove one (hopefully there won't be a next time)...use a lite cigarette...thats right. Hold it to their rear end...and it will cause them to back out...pinching them out can be dangerous as sometimes their heads get left in yur body...can cause infections. Obviously this didn't happen to you cause you would have had an infection by this point....

Saw you comments over at Sassy-Sistah...liked your blog...I'll be back....Cookie...

7/31/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hanks for dropping by Cookie and for the tip on ticks, I'll remember that although, (as you say I'm hoping there isn't going to be a next time) *shudder*. They were something completely new to us. Guess I was lucky regarding the infection.

And Cookie ~ Pirate jokes and Italian cooking too!I'm a fan! :p

8/01/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com