or
Play-doh Days :)
In response to Velvet's post "Who knew there were so many of us!"
The love of playing with squidgey, squelchy stuff, getting your hands in there and moulding it into something, anything other than what it was, is still there. :) We are still many Velvet, even if we have (supposedly) grown-up. :p
This little fellow is rather old,very precious and very well protected!
Made by my son. :-)
Play-doh days were fun, we did people and animals with the matchstick legs and cocktail sticks too but they broke easily and didn't keep too well; "Dog" is the only survivor.
It was much later that I tried the potter's wheel; the clay a slick, clammy wetness and throwing it down onto the wheel with a resounding slurpy thud was a great start. Of course, I never made anything that could stand upright unaided. I could never control the wheel or my hands to stop and it would grow ever upwards ~ or outwards until it fell over and died returning into an oozy shapeless lump once more. But it was fun and that and a great excuse to get dirty!!
Okay then, after years of house moving, cat, dogs and my little

Sorry its such a bad photo but I had to alter the gamma on this one so that you could see his face.

'In meditation'.
I have a feeling this one started out as "The Thinker" and then his arm dropped off. So now he is the one in silent meditation. :p







12 Comments:
I remember Playdo. In the end we used to make our own, no idea what the recipe was though.
It used to get everywhere, put a jacket on and there would be a piece of red playdo stuck to it. Red seemed to be the favourite colour. It could be eaten, but I think it had a high salt content so not recommended.
Oh yes davem I vaguely remember that recipe, you used food colouring and cooked it, then the fridge ended up full of freezr bags and the kitchen covered in flour. :)
michelangelo at work? :)
Hmmm you are half there neko :p
Sandy, you made nice BIG heads, that's some serious sculpting. I like those. Mine weren't more than 2" high, including the shoulders. Oh, and I just remembered another one that I actually liked quite a bit: the head of Spuds McKenzie.
I kept my little Play-Doh pieces for years, then threw them out last year during a 27-fling-boogie on one of the three whole days I stuck with the FlyLady.com program. I knew I'd regret it!
I had the Play Dough factory!
I know, I know, always over the top...
Aw that's a shame Velvet would have loved to have seen your Spuds McKenzie :) The smaller ones broke.
I know what you mean about those "clear-out" days, I should take a deep breath and have one.
Your jewelry is art Janet :-) and I bet rabbit is cute.
That's interesting tc, a head for business even then. :-)
Arrr, playdo be fun and no mistake! Even fer pirates ;-)
My cuz and I didn't have play dough, we had clay that we dug up in the yard, and we made little cups and plates, dried them in the sun and sold them to another little girl in the village.
Oh! Janet now I want a factory, sounds fun. :p
Haha "Happy Talk Pirates Day" Martin
That sounds fun and
good business GG :-+
I remember having modeling clay. I'd always begin with good intentions (a horse, a dog, a flower), but I always ended up rolling the colors together because I loved the "marbled" effect!
Some things never change . . .
Hi W.J. as you still mix 'em all together :p but ooooh ~ look what you get now :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home