Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sharing another's poem

This poem is one of
soulless
's
favourites , and now, it is one of mine
hope you don't mind if I pass it on.


You Shall Be Free

by Trinidad L. Tarrosa-Subido

I will not hold you by restraining hands
Nor yet by tears that silently accuse.
You shall be free—like waters on the strands
That come, and go, and tarry, as they choose.
I will not speak of days sweet to remember,
Of lanes we trod through April sun and shower,
Of twilight trysts through early-starred November,
Prolonged each twilight by an evening hour—No, not a word to hint of that or this,
Lest speaking so, your going I impede.
I will resign myself to all that is—Like unto sands when cooling waves recede.
O while the strength of seeing love undone
Still stands by me, I pray you, Love, be gone.

<<<<>>>>

The above photo is a distant view of Glenfinnan Monument with Loch Shiel beyond.
I stood on the top of that high heather covered crag and felt as if I were on top of the world. .
As the storm clouds gathered, I listened to the cry of the gulls and spread my arms, tilted my face to the wind and closed my eyes; in that moment I felt my spirits take flight and soar as high and free as a bird. I felt alive, truly alive.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice stuff...

9/15/2006  
Blogger Linda@VS said...

Thanks for sharing such a lovely poem, Sandy...and fly high!

9/15/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi vincentt, nice to see you here. :)
I love the images of this poem Velvet so sad and beautiful.
And thanks, I always try to. :)

9/16/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful photo and poem!!thanks

9/18/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello eric nice to see you here and so pleased you like the photo and Trinidad's poem.

9/18/2006  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

am back again :)

the poem's beautiful...and i can relate to the "alive" feeling.......thats what i do when i'm amongst mountains......and yes i feel alive too :).....

9/22/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you again moi, we share a lot of common interests don't we! Something rather special about hills and mountains,isn't there. ~ maybe in a previous life I was a mountain goat :p :)

9/22/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com