
"Come to me!"
A siren's song borne on the night wind
heard in fragments caught in the crash and rush of the tide.
A wild, heart-breaking haunting cry like the call of a dying gull;
a sound that calls, beckons
to a soul as restless as the sea,
"Come to me!"
Come to me! Lose yourself in me,
Feel the power, ride the swell,
rise
higher and higher
until you break,
crash
as waves upon the rocks,
tumble
down
down.
Come to me!
Lose yourself in me
"Come to me!"
"Come to me
drown in me!
And if you think this is creepy go check out W.J.'s art166~ , she posted more or less simultaneously....great stuff there too. :-)







21 Comments:
Gee, Sandy, I'm not sure whether I drowned or had great sex as I read this, but it was a thrilling experience either way. Really, really cool photo!
Well, Velvet posted what I was thinking, LOL.
I can't quite figure out the white spot, on the photo - upper left quadrant. Awesome photo; mystical is the first word that came to mind. Thanks!
lol! I agree with velvet in that it was a very sensual piece (no pun). Very nice. I had to do a double take on the photo. Overall, very cool post. :)
Lol Ummm glad you enjoyed the sea by night Velvet and anonymous I'm going to be chuckling over this all day, thank you!. Now that you point it out anonymous hmmm dunno! But the photo put odd thoughts in my mind too!
Do you see the ghostly sirens?
Hehe thanks stephen. :-)
I took this photo last week when I was in Devon. There was quite a breeze and the sea was rough, pounding and crashing against the rocks and sea wall and I could swear it called to me! But then I do love the sound of the ocean and the night always adds that touch of magic to it, don't you agree?
There are so many faces in this incredible photo! I had lost myself in your words, and had to go back to look at it once more...whereupon I lost myself in your photo.
Well done! thank you!
Ahh, what a nice visit. I came here today tired, frustrated and a little headachy but this post was beautiful.
What a fabulous picture. Now I want to sit by the sea at midnight, waiting to hear the sirens...at least I'm not a man, so she won't destroy me.
I've been enjoying your visit to Sicily, photos, descriptions all.
The faces intriqued me too marion, the more I looked the more I saw. Had a few odd thoughts as All Saints Day approaches too. :)
Sorry to hear you're feeling rough after your first day back kat, thank you for still dropping by. :-) Hope tomorrow's load is easier.
You have a point GG. It was only the men wasn't it?
Glad you liked Sicily. :-)
What? I'm not anonymous! I'm Sunflower. Ok, so tell me what I did wrong now - I'm not understanding this blogging.
I just realized I could enlarge the photo. I originally thought you were looking down upon the water. But the enlargement looks like you are looking out at the water from the beach. All those dots - could they be mist on your lens? No matter which, or what - great shot, I absolutely love it.
The call of the ancient siren that lured the sailor to his death on the rocks. It's kind of scarey. Great picture-good poem.
Hey anonymous sunflower lol, its ok I do it all the time especially here so thanks for coming back and explaining. I did't think it was spray on the lens as other photos taken shortly after were fine. any photographers out there??? But whatever the reason as you say too, I just liked the result.
Aw Janet now you're getting all technical on me :p lol You know you left me behind there. :) Pleased you like it though. :-)
Funny how the sound of the sea in the darkness can do strange things dr.john so wonder how sailors felt after such a long spell at sea on their solitary nightly vigil, its easy to believe in the voices. Scary indeed.
Lovely, Sandy, I had to read it twice to double my enjoyment. I love the image -- I think I posted a quiter version of it this morning.
Thought I was seeing things when your page loaded!
I just did the same double take on your site W.J. :-) Having some wierd moments lately. lol
As I read your post I felt like I was sitting on the rocks in Acadia, experiencing the sights and sounds of the ocean. Even though it has been several years since I've been there, your words brought it right into my living room. Awesome!
So pleased that we could share the ocean cindy and hope you get a chance to relax this weekend after all your travels.
Hi Sandy,
Love it, Magical!
Wishing you a lovely weekend
may the autumn colours shine no end
Thank you kindly Quasar9,
may the winds be kind and the sun always shine.
enjoy your weekend. :)
the pic is beautiful, sandy........it has layers to it and thats what makes it special to me .......
hope u r having a great weekend, the other side of Atlantic :)
Sandy, most of my moments are weird. Thanks for joining me in this one!
moi this side of the Atlantic is rather wet with grey skies but I'm having a real l a z y weekend. :) Hope you are enjoying yourself too. Glad you liked the photo, can't explain it but its fun. :)
lol Wierd is good W.J.
Post a Comment
<< Home