from
the Lands of the Dragon
Wales
Sorry I have taken so long to post the photos but have been a bit busy and a fall has slowed me down since returning.
Thank you for stopping by and for leaving your comments
and kind wishes. :-)
Well here we go to a
place steeped in myth and legend
The weather was kind; the sun shone and the sound and smell of the sea beckoned. You could walk for miles along the promanade or on the soft golden sand. The walk to Rhos-on-Sea (a sleepy little town) was only about two miles.

Walking back, clambering over the rocks and pasing by the pier at Colway Bay, closed and I believe, struggling for its life as with most of the seaside piers today which is a great shame.
Strolling along the sand, the lines of breakers like black teeth.
and here ~ especially for my ornithology friend neko .... abracadabra......... a bird! lol
Let's face it, the coast wouldn't be the same without the wheeling and diving and the cry of seagulls.
Walking through the skeletal ruins -touching stone, treading steps and archways that once rang with the clamour of armour the swish of scabbard, the hiss and flare of naked flame; walking among ghosts.

Unto the things of earth, which Time hath bent,
A spirit's feeling, and where he hath leant
His hand, but broke his scythe, there is a power
And magic in the ruined battlement;
For which the palace of the present hour
Must yield its pomp, and wait till ages are its dower.
Lord Byron
looking down over the Conwy Estuary breathing in the briney scents, listening to the gulls.Looking back in time, seeing the myth and legend come to life;
wondering if such as the Afanc had swam in those blue waters far below.
and a panoramic view from the BBC
And now, as the train slows, clickity-clack over the points, England ahead.
Beyond the window the wind pushes the rain clouds ever closer, shadows deepen;
"Sleep dragon, sleep,
it's time to say 'Goodnight!' to Wales."










16 Comments:
I was wondering where you got too
Seems like you had a magical time in the land of the dragon.
Hello Quasar9 thanks for stopping by and it's been a while but hope to see you soon. Yes, had a good time in Wales.
Gorgeous photos! It's great to see you back. I especially like the last shot.
I love dragons. Glad to have you back and thank you for the tour.
Very cloudy, but gorgeous! I can almost smell the sea...
Look who's back!!!!! :)
did i miss u!!! how 've u been feeling now??? recuperated well???
And glad to read ur description of Wales...beautiful......:)
Colwyn Bay is a nice place, I have worked up there. Pleased the Welsh were kind to you. But I dont think the English will be very kind to the Welsh this Saturday though. DaveM
Sandy,
Ah, Wales. I thought you were off to China, honest. However, living in Manchester means I can visit North Wales whenever I wish, and I wish often. I love Colwyn Bay and Llandudno and Anglesey and Llanberis and Snowden. In fact I've just taken in one of the BBC's panoramas of Snowden through that brilliant link you posted. Hurrah that you're back!
Aw thanks folks, nice to be back and so nice to be missed.
Really enjoyed looking around the area , and DaveM the people were lovely and very friendly. :-)
Hope to visit you all soon.
Hi and thanks Stephen, that photo was taken through the train window.
Dragons and white rabbits forever dr john :-)
The weather was kind Janet and didn't rain once, even got some sunshine. :-)
I'm back!! lol Good to see you Moi *Hugs* and feeling a lot better thanks.
Colwyn Bay and the area around there was certainly well worth the trip, so much of intrest and still so much to see. All being well, maybe I'll get to live there :-)
Oh China Dan, maybe I'll get to see the other dragons next trip. lol
Like that BBC link too, glad you took it. I'd really like to visit Snowdon, and the other places and go across to Ireland on the ferry, so many places to visit. :-)
Welcome back, Sandy!
You take such magical trips -- I'm not sure we share the same planet.
Your Wales is beautifully written and photographed, as always.
Thanks for sharing!
glad you're back, Sandy...I was wondering where you had disappeared to!
I think if I had been lucky enough to get there, I quite possibly would never have left. What a beautiful area...full of magic!
I imagined myself walking inside that castle, touching the walls. What memories these hold!
Hope all is well now. Loved the photos
You do such a wonderful job of taking us with you on your adventures. Your words and photos never fail to delight.
I've missed you!
i didnt know wales was the alnd of the dragon..:)
loved the pics..so haunting, like those old palces that steal your heart, and your verses that went os well with them..perfect!!
Awesome photos! Great site
Post a Comment
<< Home