Monday, November 27, 2006

Golden Showers


Walking through the garden with the ticking of leaves
amber sunlight
and golden showers.

21 Comments:

Blogger dreaming-neko said...

i miss the changing seasons... (well ok, just to look at)

11/27/2006  
Blogger Dan Flynn said...

Sandy,

I like the higgledy piggledy nature of this photo with its auburns, golds, the blue sky and southerly sun that strikes shadows of branches against the tree. There's such a lot going on and it sort of evokes the end of order, the summer goeth and things fall apart, the place gets untidy, space has to be made, clutter set aside cos winter's acoming and after winter, spring... and there's got to be space for spring, oh yes.

11/27/2006  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

ticking, amber, golden

My senses are enriched with these words. ^_^ Rarely do I see such a golden scene here (where I am now), but where I usually travel, there'd be a carpet of leaves fallen from fire trees. Hah, imagine orange roads. *grin*

Anyway, adored the streaks of light and shadows on the tree's trunk, in the photo. Making it look... alive, like it would move any minute. ^_^ Cheers.

11/27/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that sunshine has to be bad for you neko :p But seriously,as much as I would love a paradise island I would miss the cold and the changing seasons.
What a lovely picture you paint dan of nature in a bustle. You are right and that is the excitement in the air. I like "higgledy-piggledy" too, so thanks for the smile. :)

11/27/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"grin" indeed soulless even the name "fire trees" stirs the imagination and makes me smile. :-)

11/27/2006  
Blogger Linda@VS said...

What Neko and Dan and Soulless said? Ditto.

11/28/2006  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Oooooh! Ahhhhh! Wow!

I love the play between gold and blue. Such a delightful photo. A considerable change in mood from your usual (not that I don't love your "usual!")

11/28/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is lovely and exactly what I needed after a day of entirely too much stimulation.

11/28/2006  
Blogger whispers said...

I came to your blog via a comment you left on floots:

Wow I must say I love your blog.

Golden showers - prefer these to the ones we are getting at the moment

Beautiful photo

11/28/2006  
Blogger dr. adder said...

Hi Kat great photos - I know you like really good photography - so please check out this blog great digital photos - she's a young woman with great talent

11/28/2006  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Poems and picture. What a great combination. I really enjoyed it.

11/28/2006  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Sandy,
the colours are magical
honey or amber and gold

warm words glow lyrical
keeping at bay icy cold

Wishing you a beautiful day
in this bright November way

11/29/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Velvet :) A change in mood sunflower? But at last the trees have doned their autumn colours, they've been hanging on to the greens far longer this year. It's a real pleasure to wander through their wind-blown showers and rake up the leaves.

11/29/2006  
Blogger Marion said...

It was not long ago I watched the leaves fall, looking at the reds and golds and blue,blue sky.

Now as I look out the window I see a blizzard, and various shades of white!
And it's so cold...-20 C windchill factor!

11/29/2006  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

So, there is your autumn photo! It's beautiful along with your words.

11/30/2006  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

Yes, definitely a change in mood - I remember many dark and mysterious photos before. . . or maybe that's just been the majority since I've been reading here?

But no matter - ALL spectacular! You have a wonderful eye for the photography and a beautiful soul for the poetry.

12/01/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Hugs* Thank you sunflower and you are right, I hadn't noticed the amount of darkness. :)

12/05/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like another hectic day kat hope you get soe relaxing time soon.

Nice to see you dr.john and as always quasar your cheery words make a smile go far when in need of a rainbow or a shooting star.

Oh marion how quickly the weather can change when Winter takes hold. Sending you thoughts of blue skies and a broad winter smile.

12/05/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello whispers thank you and pleased you stopped by. :-)
Thanks for the link dr. a

12/05/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better late than never eh stephen :) and, another
cute avatar. :-)

12/05/2006  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Sandy, best wishes for the final moments of this year, and much merriment, great joy and great cheer to see in the incoming Year

12/31/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com