Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A silent prayer



In gentle shades of evening
with orange blossom and jasmine in the air
she placed her hands together
and stood in silent prayer.




22 Comments:

Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

reminds me of India and how we pray back there...:)
guess this pic's more oriental.. a shot of a sculpture/painting????

11/22/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a photo of a sculpture from Thailand moi and I'm feeling rather pleased with myself because it is my first ever crop. :) After seeing your recent black and white photo (small boy) I wanted to do one. :p

11/22/2006  
Blogger dreaming-neko said...

the hands-together gesture has many meanings for thai's :)

11/22/2006  
Blogger Dr.John said...

Thought provoking picture and text.

11/22/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gesture known as Wai, sssshhhhh! I know neko but I liked the idea of prayer. :)

11/23/2006  
Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

For all the differences between people in this world, prayer is such a common factor.

Well done - photo and poem :-)

11/23/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was the gentle serenity in her face dr. john, she seems so absorbed in her thoughts.

11/23/2006  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Sandy, Touching!
Brief, yet leaves nothing unsaid.

11/23/2006  
Blogger Linda@VS said...

Lovely imagery, Sandy. I can smell the jasmine.

11/23/2006  
Blogger Dave said...

A very peaceful image. Whilst not inclined to prayer I can fully appreciate the thoughtfulnes and inner peace that it generates.

11/23/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sunflower I think in this instance she is saying "Hello" but as you say, everyone recognizes
the act of prayer.
Hi quasar9 and Velvet and thank you. :-)
I was surprised at how different the grey tones affected the mood. Wish I could have captured a half shadow.
She does look peaceful doesn't she davem and such a gentle face.

11/24/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks peaceful and happy, a lovely image of a woman in prayer.

11/25/2006  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

An arresting image, Sandy. Somehow I feel (hypnotized and) compelled to muse on her thoughts in her pose. ^_^

It's been a while. Time to catch up on your previous posts. *hug*

11/25/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some faces do that don't they? And again, good to see you soulless.
*hugs* back

11/25/2006  
Blogger Irene said...

This was moving in its simplicity and sincerity. Glad to have stumbled upon your blog. Keep at it! =)

11/25/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Irene, thank you for stopping by and for the encouragement.

11/26/2006  
Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

Many thanks for the warm welcome, Sandy. And thank you, too, for your comment on "Hindsight" (I've tucked it away again, for personal reasons. Let's just say I'd rather not tempt certain memories. Heh. ^_^) Anyway, expect me to drop by more often this time around. Cheers!

11/27/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I understand soulless but wish I had taken a copy so that I could return to it, a really beautiful poem.

11/27/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice crop and I like b&W!

what is Neko insinuating? something naughty, I presume?

11/28/2006  
Blogger whispers said...

Wow that picture adds true depth to your writing.

How many of us have stood in silent prayer at one time or another?

11/28/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the black and white better too Janet as for neko, lol No, wel I don't think so :p the palms together hand gesture can mean a greeting, apology respect depending on the position at which the hands are held....

11/28/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello whispers nice to see you and pleased you like the photo.

11/28/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com