and held moonglow in my hand
I sprinkled the trees with starlight
and entered a faerie land.
I rode a white stallion upon a crested sea
and left footprints in silver sand
while I took sweet sips from Morpheus' lips
as nectar from a flower
Once upon a dreamtime, beyond the Midnight hour.








18 Comments:
Good post. I enjoyed both picture and poem.
What a lovely, magical poem! :-)
I shall go and put my old Doors albumn on ......"Riders of the Storm"
Thank you dr. john, it's Monday and I'm a little behind but I'll catch up! :)
Hello there t.beth nice to see you here, love your site.
Haven't heard that onedave. I think "Light my Fire" is the only Doors one I remember .
Beautiful painting Sandy - did you create it? Your poetry always works so beautifully with the graphics you choose.
Thank you sunflower. :-) Yes, it's an old painting (I don't paint any more) and I've altered it to make it look more dream-like.
You are creative in SO many ways. I loved the poem and the picture.
Beautiful post and site! Love the name of the blog as well. Stopping by to thank you for visiting me last week!
Sandy,
I really love that poem! Beautiful!
Thank you Velvet I used to love painting, so relaxing ~ and messy.:-)
Nice to see you here beth thank you for stopping by.
Another avatar change stephen, and thank you. :-)
are u talented!!!! :)
lovely poem...love the dreamy quality of the painting too......am glad u shared both with us .......ur words evoke beautiful imagery :) i always look fwd to viisting ur blog to see whats in store.......(or rather whats on display) :)
Sandy the painting is lovely, and I always love the poems. Thanks so much Dave, Riders of the Storm is now stuck in my head for the rest of the day!
Hi Moi, welcome back! :-)
Now I am intrigued kat so thanks too dave I'm going to have to find that song!! :p
I heard "Riders on the Storm" on the radio yesterday, after reading this post and Dave's comment - how creepy is that?
Speaking of creepy - Sandy, I know you had another post after this one that I commented on today. I don't see it anymore. Or was it all a DREAM??? ;-)
I like the dreamy feel of the picture and liked the poem.
Magic, love it!
Did I come round yesterday
and see a halloween mask
or was that some strange
parallel universe??? lol!
Very creepy sunflower and I've still yet to hear it. A post? A dream? hmmm h e he No, sorry seemed a bit of a cheat to re-post an oldie so I've put up a new pic and a link to that old post... Flad you liked it :-)
Hi betty pleased you liked them :-) and you too,
Quasara9, hmmm maybe it was a black hole :p The mask and I had a disagreement ~ and I won! Thank you for your comment
"...that is the magic of life
As soon as we answer something or achieve something, then we look for the next place to visit, the next thing to do, experience, discover,...
(which shouwed up later) I like that forever forward, new galazies to explore ... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home