
Rough seas with waves rising, whoosing and breaking, but I know it is only the wind rushing through the trees; willow, ash and the other large trees in my garden, and the rain, hard, slicing, invisible. It is a rough night of winds and a cold, oh so cold, November rain. It is a night for soft warm lamps, an open fire and a cup of hot creamy chocolate and sweet music.
I go to my music scroll down and click. "November Rain" by Guns 'n Roses. :-)







20 Comments:
I love that song. Don't know if you've ever checked out the link to my daughter's site (Bluff Road Art Glass), but she used to write for Rolling Stone Magazine. Her first cover story was on Guns 'n' Roses, and she spent a considerable amount of time interviewing the band. Boy, can she tell a few stories.
That's fantastic Velvet, you will have to get your daughter to tell us a few of her stories.
I like the band, "November Rain" is one of my favourites and Slash is my son's guitar hero. Great stuff!
November rain - we all have them, even my friend Rauf in India has them - an odd coincidence we bloggersa are all wet!
Beautiful pic. I took some last PM during a break in the wheather, will be posting tha on thursday.
(I'd love to listen to velvet sacks daughte's stories... shhhh)
i can belt-out a pretty good 'november rain' at karaoke or in the shower :P
its very de-stressing...
You devil, you!
*wringing out wet keyboard* :) Maybe we should ask Velvet ever so nicely, with a pretty please, angeldust :-)
You matered Youtube yet neko Next time you feel like singing... maybe you'd give us all a treat. :-)
And of course I mean a karaoke moment. :p lol
Hi Sandy,
nice finishing touch
go to music scroll down
"Guns & Roses" -
Hi TC good to see you are surviving the commute. :)
Hi Quasar9 and thank you, great song so a nice way to end the day too.
wow
These photos make me want to hunker down with a cup of hot chocolate and a book! Nice descriptions, Sandy!
we had our share of Nov rains last week.......as i say , when it rains , i can feel the endorphins in my bloodstream doing a neat jiggle :)
Personally,
I would've chosen some Marvin Gaye, but I love this photo and post. Always a pleasure Sandy. :)
Lovely photos! November tends to be my least favorite month - usually wet, dark and cold - but this November has not been too wet or too cold. Something to be thankful for!
Oh - not a big Guns 'n' Roses fan, sorry. Now if you want to talk U2. . .
Hi Kimberley, thanks for stopping by. :)
Ok Janet make a space on the sofa and make an extra cup ~ I'll be over soon. :-)
Aw Moi you're just a water nymph at heart. :)
Thank you Stephen I love these moody, rain-filled skies too. As for Marvin Gaye? Hmmmm, now, if you had said Barry White ... :-)
November has been fairly mild here too up till now sunflower, but there is something about this time of the year with its morning mists and moody skies walking across the fields in the wind that makes you feel all snug and glowy when you go back indoors.
Hi Sandy
Thanks for the visit a few days ago...and your wonderful and kind comment!
So nice to meet you!
This is a very nice post!
I love to walk in the rain!
Take care!
Margie
Hi Margie, nice to meet you too, and you are welcome, your poems are lovely.
Love that song, too (especially the guitar play in it). And rain, any day of the year, I adore. ^_^
I love what Slash does with that guitar Soulless ~ he really opens up its heart doesn't he? And such a haunting song too.
Post a Comment
<< Home