Friday, February 09, 2007



Out of the bosom of the Air,
Out of the cloud-folds of her garments shaken,
Over the woodlands brown and bare,
Over the harvest-fields forsaken,
Silent, and soft, and slow
Descends the snow.

Snow-Flakes
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



Of course I couldn't let the small amount of snow we had here go un-noticed when everyone has had so much. It was only an inch or so and it's almost gone now, but for a day it was my winter wonderland.

Sorry everyone else is having such a hard time with it. Snuggle up , keep warm, spring is just around the corner.
Well, maybe! :-)

Have a happy and safe weekend.
Sandy :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sunflower Optimism said...

NOOOOO! Not another snow photo! LOL Your beautiful photo is quintessential winter - and how wonderfully the poem fits.

We have not had snow yet but it has been very cold. I am so ready for green grass, birds, flowers, sun, warmth, butterflies and picnics.

Enjoy your weekend also, Sandy - stay warm!

2/10/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Spring is just around the corner"

Ah...if only I could believe you, you temptress!

2/10/2007  
Blogger Dave said...

The snow caused chaos in Cardiff on Friday, beacause by midday most offices & busineses had decided to let people leave early...result was gridlock. Stories of people taking an hour to travel about a mile, crazy. Mass panic and if only they had waited.

2/10/2007  
Blogger Marion said...

These photos reminded me of my garden, at times, this winter. Its been slightly warmer these days here, and the garden is perking up!

But I won't count Winter out just yet!

2/10/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know sunflower but I cherish my one inch and brief moment of snow lol It has all gone and all is burgeoning green again. :-)

Lol Well, soon be March anyway tc

2/10/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SandysCopyright© 2006 All Rights Reserved bifroste@gmail.com